Lindsay Lohan: Myth vs. Reality







Lindsay Lohan: Myth vs. Reality
In a revealing interview, the newly grounded young star opens up about her love life, family drama, and relaunching her acting career.

After close to five months in rehab in 2007, Lindsay, 22, is embracing maturity and recognizing she must take responsibility for her actions. "I was going to clubs all the time, and it was not okay. I was so alone. It made me not focus on what I was doing," she says now. Of her life pre-Cirque Lodge and Promises, she observes, "I was living here [at the Chateau] for almost two years. Who blows that much money on a hotel?" She waves her arm around and says, "I could have bought a house!"

But Lindsay admits candidly, "I did it to myself, and I have to deal with the consequences. I'm thankful for what I can take out of it. Now I feel clear. That's my past, and I'm a different person now. I have goals and I'm working to achieve them. I'm not hanging out with people who are out every night getting fucked up.

"And," she adds sheepishly with a smile, "I think that I'm happy."

Her friend Jaime Zeluck, who works in the music business and has been silently checking her PDA, chimes in, "You're the best I've seen you in a while."

Truth be told, the Lindsay Lohan we know and love hasn't quite disappeared. She arrives more than an hour late. The reason for her tardiness: an oddly amusing story involving searching for Lindsay's Escalade and "climbing a hill in YSLs." (Lindsay doesn't have a driver's license at the moment.) Still, compared with past hijinks, this is Lohan lite. "I think at this point," she offers, "[the media] is like, 'Let her do what she's going to do. We've seen her do enough.'"

Lindsay's response may explain the nonchalant attitude the press has taken toward her latest reported romance, an apparent stabilizing force. She refuses to name DJ Samantha Ronson, known for her boyish attire, skinny jeans, and porkpie hat, as the object of her affection, though she has alluded to their relationship on her MySpace blog.

No comments: