Val Kilmer wants to run New Mexico


Val Kilmer wants to run New Mexico

Val Kilmer has caught the political bug. Oh joy. Late last week, the actor told the New York Post:

“There’s sort of a rumor around that I’m maybe thinking about running to be governor of New Mexico? Well, it’s sort of true. It’s been my home 25 years. I really love my state. Poor, hardworking, decent people - Native Americans, carpenters, artists, expats mixed in with hundreds of the world’s smartest physicists at Los Alamos. I’ve always thought of myself as functioning as a candidate for them. The media interests me and it’s influenced politicians since the ’60s, and I’m approaching this as a worthy serious endeavor. I would be very comfortable in my position as a representative for the people.” (Source)

I’d laugh hysterically at Val’s ridiculous delusions of going from a washed up actor to the head of a major governmental body if the precedent hadn’t already been set in this country four times!* I suppose if you take a look at our most recent election, Val does have the main qualification it takes to get elected these days: being able to read lines someone else has written for him.

*Reagan, Ventura, Schwarzenegger . . . and I’m pretty sure Ted Kennedy was in a few snuff films before he ran for the Senate

No comments: